[petsc-users] help on how to use petsc in a smart way

NAN ZHAO zhaonanavril at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 14:49:25 CDT 2011

Dear all,

I have a question about how to use the ksp in a smart way to solve a linear
system. I had a simple test to generate a random matrix and vector, but I
put only one nonzero value in a row (let's say 1), and in the respect
location of the  RHS vector I put a zero. The size of the matrix is kind of
big, I saw petsc some time give unreasonable value at that loaction (it
should be zero or some really small number). I want to know if there is a
way to avoid it?

Thanks