[petsc-users] Error in VecGetArrayF90 and MatGetArrayF90

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Fri Jun 17 05:23:02 CDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 12:05, Alexander Grayver <agrayver at gfz-potsdam.de>wrote:

> What is ABI?

Application Binary Interface, basically the assembly-level calling
semantics. If the tests run successfully, then this is not the problem.

Both examples work without crashing. Pretty weird...

One more to try: mat/examples/tests/ex16f90.F

> I can tell more. I found place in my code, just different fortran module,
> where VecGetArrayF90 works both on seq and mpi vectors.

This call works from one Fortran module, but not from another? I suspect
stack corruption, perhaps from something as simple as the wrong number of
arguments to an earlier call. (Fortran having nearly worthless type
checking.)

> What API do you mean exactly?

The non-F90 VecGetArray() and MatGetArray(). But if MatGetArrayF90() is
working when called in a different context, then this shouldn't be
necessary.