[petsc-users] cholesky factorization Memory regions overlap

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Thu Jun 16 04:50:34 CDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 11:40, Pierre-Yves Aquilanti <sperif at gmail.com>wrote:

> MatCreateSeqAIJ(PETSC_COMM_WORLD,(*nb_eigen_all)+1,(*nb_eigen_all)+1,0,PETSC_NULL,&MM);
>     MatSetFromOptions(MM);
>

>         for(j=0;j<=*nb_eigen_all;j++)
>              for(i=0;i<j;i++){
>                 MatSetValue(MM,i,j,(PetscReal)mm_tmp[i][j],INSERT_VALUES);
>                 MatSetValue(MM,j,i,(PetscReal)mm_tmp[i][j],INSERT_VALUES);

Do you intend to have 0 on the diagonal?

The rest of your code looks okay to me, but if you problem really is dense,
then you may as well use a dense matrix format, see MatCreateSeqDense().

Could you send a test case so that we can reproduce?