[petsc-users] Problem installing PETSC with openmpi 1.4.1

Eric Chamberland Eric.Chamberland at giref.ulaval.ca
Mon Jun 13 13:06:03 CDT 2011

On 06/13/2011 01:10 PM, Matthew Knepley wrote:
> 2) How did OpenMPI get into your PETSc build? Didn't you install it
> yourself somewhere else? Did you
>
>    rm -rf $PETSC_DIR/$PETSC_ARCH
>
> before you rebuilt?

Oups... No... but I tried a "make clean" and "make distclean"...

Now, I removed the $PETSC_DIR/$PETSC_ARCH and it did the trick!

Thanks a lot!

>     Thanks,
>
>        Matt

If I can suggest:  I would propose to add the "distclean" target to the
makefile so everything returns to its original state after someone did a
configuration mistake/error (like me)...

Thank you!

Eric