[petsc-users] Error using MatCreateSeqAIJ

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Sun Jun 12 08:36:10 CDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 09:02, Dharmendar Reddy <dharmareddy84 at gmail.com>wrote:

>           I am getting argument out of range error when i use
> MatCreateSeqAIJ, in my code. I am attaching a test case with this email, can
> someone help me fix this.  Note the the error comes when the matrix size is
> grater then 49 ( this number was changing for different runs but for the
> last few test runs, it was 49).

call MatCreateSeqAIJ(PETSC_COMM_SELF,123,123,PETSC_DECIDE,PETSC_NULL,A,ierr)

should be

call
MatCreateSeqAIJ(PETSC_COMM_SELF,123,123,PETSC_DECIDE,PETSC_NULL_INTEGER,A,ierr)

See the Fortran section in the user's manual, especially "Passing Null
Pointers".

You should also call MatDestroy().