[petsc-users] Petsc-Link-error?

Hung Thanh Nguyen hung.thanh.nguyen at petrell.no
Thu Jun 9 08:08:48 CDT 2011

Hei all

I used Microsoft Visual Stud . Run Petsc in this platform and got the following error:

Error      3             error LNK2005: __initp_misc_invarg already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj)                C:\Users\Hung\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\petsc-testing\petsc-testing\LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj)
Error      4             error LNK2005: __invoke_watson already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj)                C:\Users\Hung\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\petsc-testing\petsc-testing\LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj)
Error      10           error LNK2005: ___pInvalidArgHandler already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj)                C:\Users\Hung\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\petsc-testing\petsc-testing\LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj)
Error      12           fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found         C:\Users\Hung\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\petsc-testing\Debug\petsc-testing.exe

 I try : Linker -Input-Ignore Specific library: LIBCMT.lib, and then got new error message   :

Error      3             error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo referenced in function "public: char const & __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::operator[](unsigned int)const " (??A?$basic_string at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@V?$allocator at D@2@@std@@QBEABDI at Z)         C:\Users\Hung\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\petsc-testing\petsc-testing\libpetsc.lib(err.o)
Error      4             error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo                C:\Users\Hung\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\petsc-testing\petsc-testing\libpetsc.lib(errtrace.o)
Error      6             fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals      C:\Users\Hung\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\petsc-testing\Debug\petsc-testing.exe

Could someone tell me  how to resolve it.
Best regards hung Nguyen