[petsc-users] Examples on solving linear systems using GMRES and/or matrix-free method

Xiang Hao haoxiang at yahoo.cn
Tue Jun 7 22:20:57 CDT 2011

 Hi all,

I need to solve a PDE ( basically a Poisson's equation with Neumann boundary
condition ), and I solved it using a steepest descent method, which is very
slow. Now I want to solve the PDE using GMRES. In addition, I do have the
matrix A, but I have a function which computes Ax, so I also need to use the
matrix free method.

I am very new to PETSc, so I am looking for examples on solving linear
systems using GMRES and/or matrix-free method.

Thanks,
Xiang