[petsc-users] Some papers for additive schwarz and blocked jacobi?

Dürrwang, Jürgen Juergen.Duerrwang at iosb.fraunhofer.de
Mon Jun 6 09:27:47 CDT 2011

@ Jed Brown

Yes, I tried some PETSC examples and I modified one for my stuff. It works very well on my Xeon quadcore, but my intention is to mix CPU and GPU code. I want a paralell domain decomposition using jacobi block method for runing ILU(0) on each block(number of blocks = number of CPU cores). Then I want to take the results of each blocksolution as a preconditioner for a cg solver on GPU.

At the moment I can decompose my matrix in  four jacobi block matrices. I compared my results with petsc and they are the same. But now I don’t know if I have to run my cg solver on each block or could I put the results of each blocked-ILU together and the use this as preconditioner for the non blocked matrix(my large input matrix).

When I run my PETSC program with –ksp_monitor/-ksp_view, I can only see that the matrix will be blocked and then ILU(0) will applied and after that there comes a cg solver. But there is no information about how to bring the results of each solved block together for using in the cg computing….thats my issue

Jed Brown wrote:

I don't understand what you're asking. Have you looked at some PETSc examples? You should be able to do this stuff with run-time options. If you are trying something that doesn't work, send the options you ran with and the output. Running with -ksp_view is helpful to see what method is being used.