[petsc-users] Optimized Option

Alan Wei zhenglun.wei at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 14:57:41 CDT 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,
    Lately, I read there is a optimized version of PETSc by using
'--with-debugging=0'. I have two questions here:
1, Do I need to use '/config/configure.py ... --with-debugging=0' when I
configure the PETSc in order to use the non-debugging version of PETSc?
Therefore, if I want to switch PETSc between these two versions, I have to
keep configuring.
2, I was using the '--with-debugging=0' to configure the PETSc. However, I
tested the computational rate by executing the ex29.c. The non-debugging
version does not improve the speed much; in the contrary, it slow down the
speed a little bit. The comparison is attached here. Any idea on this.

thanks in advance,
Alan