[petsc-users] KSPGCR and fortran?

Klaij, Christiaan C.Klaij at marin.nl
Mon Jan 10 04:39:03 CST 2011

I'm trying to use KSPGCR in my F90 program (petsc-3.1-p7)
but I get a compiliation error:

error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [KSPGCR]
       call KSPSetType(AAksp,KSPGCR,ierr)

My program uses #include "finclude/petsckspdef.h" and "use
petscksp" following strategy 4 of the UsingFortran instructions;
it compiles fine with KSPFGMRES.

Apparently GCR is not available for fortran? At least, this is
what I get on my system:

$ grep -i KSPGMRES $PETSC_DIR/include/finclude/petsckspdef.h
#define KSPGMRESCGSRefinementType PetscEnum
#define KSPGMRES 'gmres'
$ grep -i KSPGCR $PETSC_DIR/include/finclude/petsckspdef.h
$ grep -i KSPGCR $PETSC_DIR/include/finclude/*.h
$

Chris

dr. ir. Christiaan Klaij
CFD Researcher
Research & Development
E mailto:C.Klaij at marin.nl
T +31 317 49 33 44

MARIN
2, Haagsteeg, P.O. Box 28, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
T +31 317 49 39 11, F +31 317 49 32 45, I www.marin.nl