[petsc-users] VecGetSubVector

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Thu Jan 6 10:36:10 CST 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 04:01, Gianluca Meneghello <gianmail at gmail.com>wrote:

> When using ASM with
> different subdomains on the same process, is the order in which the
> domains are solved the same as the one in which they are stored in the
> IS array passed to PCASMSetLocalSubdomains()? I would be interested in
> controlling this in order to build a downstream marching smoother.

PCASM is "Additive" rather than multiplicative so there is no order.
 PCFieldSplit includes multiplicative and symmetric-multiplicative variants,
but each subdomain ("split" in this context) is global which exposes less
concurrency (subdomains can be empty on some processes so this only affects
performance, not which Schwarz-like algorithms are implementable).