[petsc-users] PETSc libs

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 3 12:22:47 CST 2011

On Jan 3, 2011, at 12:10 PM, enjoywm at cs.wm.edu wrote:

> Hi,
> My application works well on old version petsc with libs: petscsnes,
> petscksp, petsccdm, petscmat and petscvec and lapack.
> Now I use PETSc-3.1-p6 and installed it successfully.
> However, I cannot find these libs except libpetsc.a and libflapack.a.
> Do I need to replace  petscsnes, petscksp, petsccdm, petscmat and petscvec
> with libpetsc and replace lapack with flapack?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Yixun

   The 3.1 release defaults now to a single library libpetsc

   The names of the lapack and blas libraries depends on what Blas and LAPACK you are using, so if you hardwired the name then yes you need to change them.

   Note if you used the PETSc makefiles as a starting point for your makefile you would have a completely portable makefile that you would not need to change for different systems and configurations. See for example src/snes/examples/tutorials/makefile and the rule for building ex1