[petsc-users] Multiple Copies of KSP

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 28 22:11:38 CST 2011

On Feb 28, 2011, at 10:07 PM, Joshua Booth wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to have multiple KSP running, each on their own core but in the same program.

  Yes. If you want a separate linear solve on each MPI process then you use MPI_COMM_SELF for the KSP, note that you also need to use that same MPI_COMM_SELF for creating the Vecs and Mats since each process needs its own for its particular linear system.

> When I have tried this before using MPI_COMM_SELF,  I get an error.

   We would need more information to determine what has gone wrong.

   Barry