[petsc-users] Tridiagonal and pentadiagonal matrices

Gianluca Meneghello gianmail at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 04:46:45 CST 2011

Hi,

I was looking for the best way to solve tridiagonal and pentadiagonal
matrix in Petsc. Is there a specific matrix format/solver for these
kind of systems I should use?

The tridiagonal/pentadiagonal matrix I have to solve corresponds to
the main 3/5 diagonals of a bigger matrix (if it can help, I'm trying
to solve a system using block-line Gauss Seidel). I've seen there is
an easy way to obtain the main diagonal of the matrix
(MatGetDiagonal). Is there an equivalent way to extract the other
data?

Thanks

Gianluca

--
"[Je pense que] l'homme est un monde qui vaut des fois les mondes et
que les plus ardentes ambitions sont celles qui ont eu l'orgueil de