[petsc-users] Re-zero sparse matrix and MatZeroEntries

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 05:20:16 CST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to solve the Navier Stokes momentum equation of a moving body.

For most points (a), I will be using the north/south/east/west locations
to form the equation.

However, for some points (b), due to the moving body, I will be using
some interpolation schemes. At different time step, the interpolation
template will be different for these points. Hence, I will use different
neighboring points to form the equation.

Moreover, points (a) can change to points (b) and vice versa.

I wonder if I can use MatZeroEntries to re-zero the whole sparse matrix.
But in the manual, it states that "For sparse matrices this routine
retains the old nonzero structure. ". However for my case, the template
is different at different time step.

Hence what is the most efficient procedure?

--
Yours sincerely,

TAY wee-beng