[petsc-users] KSPBuildSolution

Juha Jäykkä juhaj at iki.fi
Wed Feb 16 10:31:47 CST 2011

> Yes, it is the most common place to make programming mistakes and the
> symptoms you describe are typical.

Please let me double-check there has not been a misunderstanding here: the
problems I describe occur with the PETSc built-in FD Jacobian approximation,
not my own. Now, I realise this will be a less-than-optimal approximation, but
I fail to see how there could be a programming mistake, when I am using
SNESDefaultComputeJacobianColor and not my hand-written Jacobian.

I do get the same symptoms with the hand-written one, too. That's why I wanted
to check with the PETSc built in FD version.

Cheers,
Juha

		| Juha Jäykkä, juhaj at iki.fi			|
		| http://www.maths.leeds.ac.uk/~juhaj		|