[petsc-users] KSPBuildSolution

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Wed Feb 16 09:39:32 CST 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 16:33, Juha Jäykkä <juhaj at iki.fi> wrote:

> Sorry, I looked at a wrong output. For the exact solution, it is the line
> search, which fails. KSP converges with CONVERGED_RTOL, but SNES quits with
> DIVERGED_LS_FAILURE.

Your Jacobian may be incorrect, try running with -snes_mf_operator -pc_type
lu -ksp_monitor. The linear solves should converge in 1 iteration. You can
also try -mat_mffd_type ds if the residual is ill-conditioned.

If you can make the problem small, use -snes_type test to check the
correctness of the Jacobian directly and -snes_test_display to show how the
entries.