[petsc-users] KSPBuildSolution

Juha Jäykkä juhaj at iki.fi
Wed Feb 16 08:17:07 CST 2011

Hi all!

I have a problem with KSPBuildSolution. Either there is something wrong with
KSPBuildSolution or my with understanding of it. Most likely the latter. I
would think from the docs that KSPBuildSolution gives (in its last parameter)
the current estimate of the solution and that at the last iteration before the
whole thing converges, it would be THE solution.

However, this is not true: what KSPBuildSolution gives me is close to zero
everywhere (including my right boundary value which is supposed to be 1!) even
though the eventual solution returned by SNESSolve() is correct. What exactly
is KSPBuildSolution giving me or is it buggy?

Cheers,
Juha

		| Juha Jäykkä, juhaj at iki.fi			|
		| http://www.maths.leeds.ac.uk/~juhaj		|