[petsc-users] questions about the multigrid framework

Peter Wang pengxwang at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 9 11:22:59 CST 2011

Thanks a lot, Jed,

      I will try the algebric multigrid first.

     In order to  configure PETSc with --download-ml and --download-hypre,which shell file in unix should I modify?

     Should I add some line in my current code to run with -pc_type ml or -pc_type hypre, or just use runtime option?

     I am solving a 2-D poisson equation with finite difference scheme. Please find the problem discription as attached if it is necessary. Thanks again.