[petsc-users] questions about the multigrid framework

Peter Wang pengxwang at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 7 10:49:28 CST 2011

Thanks, Barry,

   I didn't  run with  with -ksp_monitor_true_residual -ksp_converged_reason.  My own code was built based on the petsc-current/src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/ex2f.F.  Since the line of 248 which with KSPSetTolerances is commented out, it seems I didn't set the tolerance in my code.

  If I need to run with option -ksp_monitor_true_residual -ksp_converged_reason , I should add some lines like:
    call PetscOptionsHasName()
    call KSPGetConvergedReason()
 Am I right?

In order to make the problem clear, I just attached the discription of my problem. Thanks a lot for any help from you.

Following is the portion of the code with KSP solver.
!============
      call KSPCreate(MPI_COMM_WORLD,ksp,ierr)
      call KSPSetOperators(ksp,A,A,DIFFERENT_NONZERO_PATTERN,ierr)
      call KSPSolve(ksp,b,x,ierr)
      call KSPGetIterationNumber(ksp,its,ierr)
        if (myid .eq. 0) then
            if (norm .gt. 1.e-12) then
            write(6,100) norm,its
            else
            write(6,110) its
            endif
        endif
    100 format('Norm of error ',e10.4,' iterations ',i5)
    110 format('Norm of error < 1.e-12,iterations ',i5)