[petsc-users] KspTrueResidualNorm

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 1 14:21:49 CST 2011

   The simplest thing is to simply run with -ksp_monitor_true_residual and see how the convergence is going in the true residual norm also.

   You can also switch to right preconditioning with gmres and then the residual used by gmres is the true residual norm.  Use -ksp_preconditioner_side right -ksp_norm_type unpreconditioned

   Barry