[petsc-users] Infinite or not-a-number generated in norm!

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 30 11:38:02 CST 2011

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 11:25, Dominik Szczerba <dominik at itis.ethz.ch>wrote:

> Yes, I want to get a time averaged steady state. I am able to do this
> with another (pressure correction) solver, was just comparing.

What makes you think that the point where some nonlinear solve *stagnates* has
anything to do with correct time-averaged statistics?

And you gave me a very good hint: I do not have a turbulence model,
> but I have streamline diffusion, which if increased, makes the crash
> go away, which indeed seams to indicate a singular system.

You should use a turbulence model. Even a zero-equation model like
Smagorinsky would be better than simple streamline diffusion.

What is your verification and validation process?