[petsc-users] KSP diverging

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 22 19:31:04 CST 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 19:20, Mohamad M. Nasr-Azadani <mmnasr at gmail.com>wrote:

> Any hints on what is happening here or how I could narrow it down?

I would start by following the general advice in the FAQ

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html#kspdiverged

> I know that we had an early discussion on the convergnce for the
> incompressible CFD problems and boomerAMG preconditioning,

That was about solving the coupled system. That shouldn't be an issue for
the Poisson problem.

> but it seems that for this case, that is the only one that does not blow
> up for most of the time integration I have.

Since this problem only occurs after long time integration, you might
consider writing out the model state when you see divergence so that you
can experiment with alternative methods quickly.