[petsc-users] boomerAmg scalability

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 18:55:30 CST 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Mohamad M. Nasr-Azadani
<mmnasr at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thank you Jed for the detailed explanation. To tell you the truth, that
> was a bit overwhelming/scary for an engineer like me-that I have to be
> supercareful when using those solvers and preconditioners- :D
> For my case though, I decided to fix the pressure at one node in the
> domain so  I won't end up with a null-space case of the Pressure equation.
> I assume that way, I would not have to worry about the nullspace problems
> and the convergence issues you pointed out, right?

Nope. You have removed the null space from the operator on the full domain,
but not the subdomains that Jed
was talking about. I think this method only complicates things since now
one subdomain looks weird, and the
behavior of the coarse operator in unpredictable since i don't know where
this point is.

   Matt