[petsc-users] Additive Schwarz sub-domain definition

Sebastian Skatulla sebastian.skatulla at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 12 18:51:30 CST 2011

Hello

I am struggling to solve an incompressible solid mechanics problem using
a meshfree code based on Moving Least Square approximations. My
knowledge of solvers and preconditioners is quite limited. But it seems
that Additive Schwarz or Gram Schmidt preconditioners together with
GMRES is a good choice - yet still not good enough in my case. So, I was
experimenting with exact (LU) solves in each subdomain which does the
trick but the memory need is significant. Now, my question is what
purpose serves the function PCASMSetOverlap and could it be used to
improve this setup in any way? Thanks.

Regards,
Sebastian
--