[petsc-users] many valgrind error of petsc string functions

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Dec 3 09:04:39 CST 2011

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 06:18, Gong Ding <gdiso at ustc.edu> wrote:

> In the function of PetscOptionsFindPair_Private (options.c line 1098),
> there are still some code with the same problem.

Are you passing a full path to the option? Or just many very long prefixes?

This absolutely needs to be fixed, but I think there are a lot of places
where fixed-length temporary buffers are used for building options keys and
values. I would like to know how you are triggering these overflows so that
I can stand a decent chance of getting all of them.