[petsc-users] question about DA

Likun Tan likunt at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Aug 27 16:09:54 CDT 2011

the size of temp and H is 9*9*201, the size of S is 9*9.

I used 2 processors, the returned values are
temp: 0 0 0 9 9 101
temp: 0 0 101 9 9 100
H: 0 0 101 9 9 100
S: 0 5 101 9 4 100

I am not sure what you mean by how DAs were constructed, the command i
used for construction is:
DACreate2d(PETSC_COMM_WORLD, DA_NONPERIODIC, DA_STENCIL_STAR, 9, 9,
PETSC_DECIDE, PETSC_DECIDE, 1, 0, PETSC_NULL, PETSC_NULL, &da2D);
DACreate3d(PETSC_COMM_WORLD, DA_NONPERIODIC, DA_STENCIL_STAR, 9, 9, 201,
PETSC_DECIDE, PETSC_DECIDE, PETSC_DECIDE, 1, 0, PETSC_NULL, PETSC_NULL,
PETSC_NULL, &da3D);

i got some sense of the problem after watching m, n, p, but i don't know
how to avoid it.