[petsc-users] Number of mallocs during Maximum nonzeros in any row

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Thu Aug 25 15:49:26 CDT 2011

I am profiling my application aiming to support a few grid types. I am
getting the expected messages, like:

MatAssemblyEnd_SeqAIJ(): Number of mallocs during MatSetValues() is 0

or

[1] MatAssemblyEnd_SeqAIJ(): Matrix size: 15 X 15; storage space: 0
unneeded,171 used

but in some cases, and not other, I see:

[0] MatAssemblyEnd_SeqAIJ(): Number of mallocs during Maximum nonzeros
in any row is 12

What is it and does it indicate inaccurate calculation of d_nnz/o_nnz?

Many thanks,
Dominik