[petsc-users] PETSc on unstructured meshes / Sieve

Marek Schmitt marek.schmitt at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 25 07:17:55 CDT 2011

>>While the PETSc pdf manual has several pages on working with distributed arrays, I don't find anything on distributed meshes except for a description of index

>>sets. Is the use of DMMesh documented somewhere?
>
>No, not yet. I will write something soon. I did write something about dealing with values over
>meshes, but it only applies to the C++ interface, so I want to rewrite it for people who only
>want to use C. You can also read the first paper (Knepley Karpeev 2009). We have another
>paper which is nearly ready which I can send you when we finish.

That would be very kind. If you have other (even unfinished) documentation on this topic that you are willing to share, it is very welcome. I am more interested in the C++ interface than C. Your 2009 paper is helpful to understand the Sieve concepts, but working with the implementation in PETSc is a different story. However, I think all the replies I got so far will allow me to get started now.

Thanks
Marek