[petsc-users] BiCGSTAB for general use

Paul Anton Letnes paul.anton.letnes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 03:37:35 CDT 2011

On 24. aug. 2011, at 00.00, Jed Brown wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 05:51, Paul Anton Letnes <paul.anton.letnes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not that I know of. The operator contains integrals over a stochastically rough surface. Due to its random nature, any sparsity structure will depend on each surface realization,
>
> Are you integrating the probability density or just a single realization? Integrating over the stochastic dimensions may preserve more structure.

The integration is over a single realization. If one uses perturbation theory, one can integrate over the probability density, but that's last year's research at this point. Also, our approach should allow for rougher surfaces, since it includes all orders of perturbation theory.

Thanks for all your insights! You've been very helpful. It's too bad, but it seems like we may be stuck with LU factorization for a while yet.

Paul.