[petsc-users] SNES convergence failure (line search) for Neumann boundary condition

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 13:42:15 CDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Graf, Peter <Peter.Graf at nrel.gov> wrote:

> Hi Barry,
> Thanks for your response.  I did not see a "fgmre" option, but "fgmres"
> works, and here is the output (including -info).
> Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

Okay, the linear system is being solved, but Newton convergence is stalling.
It may be that Newton just cannot solve
this system, but it is more likely that there is an error in the Jacobian.
In order to test this, you can use

  -snes_fd

which is very slow, but forms the entire Jacobian using finite differences.

lead.