[petsc-users] [petsc-dev] Two questions about PC Object

Klaus Zimmermann klaus.zimmermann at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Aug 8 02:36:21 CDT 2011

Am 8/8/11 4:26 AM, schrieb Matthew Knepley:
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 2:17 AM, Gabriele Jost <gjost at tacc.utexas.edu
> <mailto:gjost at tacc.utexas.edu>> wrote:
[...]
>     Error reported by MUMPS in numerical factorization phase:
>     INFO(1)=-1, INFO(2)=359

[...]
>     My questions are:
>
>     1) Does anybody know what the error INFO(1)=-1 means in MUMPS?
>

> -1 means the error code is in INFO(2). I cannot find any online list of
> the error codes. I suggest mailing the MUMPS list.
This information is available in the mumps userguide
(http://graal.ens-lyon.fr/MUMPS/doc/userguide_4.10.0.pdf), Chapter 6.
Excerpt:
---
INFO(1) is 0 if the call to MUMPS was successful, negative if an error
occurred (see Section 7), or
positive if a warning is returned.

INFO(2) holds additional information about the error or the warning. If
INFO(1) = –1, INFO(2) is the
processor number (in communicator mumps par%COMM) on which the error was
detected.
---
So in your case there would seem to be an error on processor 359.

Best,
Klaus