[petsc-users] PCFactorSetMatSolverPackage / PCFactorGetMatSolverPackage

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 06:36:55 CDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Clemens Domanig
<clemens.domanig at uibk.ac.at>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> usually I'm using MUMPS by puting '-pc_factor_mat_solver_package mumps'
> into the .petscrc.
> Now I want to change in runtime between MUMPS and non-MUMPS so I tried to
> turn it on with
> PCFactorSetMatSolverPackage( pre, MAT_SOLVER_MUMPS);
> but I doesn't have any effect.

This is complicated because you have to set this at the right time during
the solver setup process.
Command line arguments are much easier. However, you should call this after
the preconditioner
type is set, but before it is setup.

> I also have a problem with PCFactorGetMatSolverPackage(). How can I get
> back an output as described in the documentation that has the type 'const'?

What is the problem? I do not understand?

    Matt

> Thx - Clemens

lead.