[petsc-users] parmetis weights

francois pacull fpacull at fluorem.com
Tue Sep 28 12:08:16 CDT 2010

Dear PETSc team,
I just have a small and naive question about graph weights in Parmetis.
When looking at mat/partition/impls/pmetis/pmetis.c, it seems that
weight arrays (for vertices or edges) can be given to parmetis, however
the wgtflag variable is always set to 0 from what I understand, which
means that no weights are used in ParMETIS_V3_PartKway. So does this
mean that the parmetis routine uses the weight arrays whenever they are
not NULL, even if wgtflag is 0? I didn't try to use any weight yet, but
will probably try it soon...
Thank you for any help you can provide,
francois pacull.