[petsc-users] profiling question

Leo van Kampenhout lvankampenhout at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 06:49:42 CDT 2010

Thanks for the helpful response Jed. I was not aware of the possibility to
run seperate PETSC_COMM_WORLDS in the same program,  at least this is not
clear from the documentation (e.g.
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/snapshots/petsc-dev/docs/manualpages/Sys/PetscInitialize.html)
I'll probably still try this out just out of curiosity.

About presenting scaling results, the most appealing to me seems to show two
graphs, one with intra-node scaling (1-12) and the other going upwards from
there (12, 24, 36, ...)

Leo