[petsc-users] coupling with Matlab and parallel solution

Benjamin Sanderse B.Sanderse at cwi.nl
Fri Sep 10 17:00:02 CDT 2010

Hi Jed,

I forgot to note that my matrix is *extremely* well structured, because I am working on a (non-uniform) Cartesian mesh. The matrix that I want to solve results from discretizing the Laplacian, so in 3D it consists basically of only 7 diagonals. Do you think the same conclusions hold with regard to preconditioners?
Furthermore, I get these messages:
[1] Mat_CheckCompressedRow(): Found the ratio (num_zerorows 76032)/(num_localrows 82944) > 0.6. Use CompressedRow routines.

Does Petsc give a hint here to use other routines, or does it indicate what it is doing?

Ben

Op 10 sep 2010, om 10:38 heeft Jed Brown het volgende geschreven: