[petsc-users] how to set the parameters of FGMRES inner iterative

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 3 10:19:37 CDT 2010

  If you want to use, for example, GMRES as the preconditioner in FGMRES then you use -pc_type ksp -ksp_ksp_type gmres  -ksp_ksp_max_it 10 -ksp_pc_type ilu etc

  The best way to find options is to run with -help

   The reason for the "extra" ksp in front of the last four options is that it is setting the options for the inner ksp

   Note that this is all automatically recursive to any level of imbedded solvers.

   I will this example to the KSPFGMRES manual page.

    Barry