[petsc-users] coupling with Matlab and parallel solution

Benjamin Sanderse B.Sanderse at cwi.nl
Thu Sep 2 10:51:45 CDT 2010

Hello all,

I figured out the coupling with Matlab and I can send back and forth matrices and vectors between Petsc and Matlab. Actually, I send only once a matrix from Matlab to Petsc and then repeatedly send new right hand sides from Matlab->Petsc and the solution vector from Petsc->Matlab. That works great.
I know want to see if the matrix that is send from (serial) Matlab to Petsc can be stored as a parallel matrix in Petsc so that subsequent computations with different right hand sides can be performed in parallel by Petsc. Does this simply work by using MatLoad and setting Mattype MPIAIJ? Or is something more fancy required?

Thanks,

Ben