[petsc-users] Should the vactor be partitioned?

Peter Wang pengxwang at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 29 11:46:57 CST 2010

I am trying to solver a sparse linear system (Ax=b) by PETSc.

I noticed the parallel partitioning of the matrix is determined by PETSc at runtime by calling MatGetOwnerShipRange().

I am wondering if the right hand side vector (b) should be partitioned by Calling VecGetOwnerShipRange(), Since I didn't see it is called in example code of ex2f.F  on webpage of : http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/snapshots/petsc-2.3.3/src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/ex2f.F.html .

Thanks.