[petsc-users] Changing the options in the makefile

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 08:15:03 CST 2010

Hi,

I have a modified makefile originally given to me by the PETSc team. It
worked well but now I want to change some of the options of the
compiler, like using -O3 or -ipo etc instead of -O.

I tried to add -O3 in and the compiling command becomes:

/opt/openmpi-1.4.1/bin/mpif90 -O3 -c -g -r8 -save -w90 -w -w95    -O
-I/home/wtay/Lib/petsc-3.1-p5/include  ....

So now there's -O3 and -O. How can I change it to only -O3 or -ipo?

I have attached the makefile too.

Thank you very much

Yours sincerely,

TAY wee-beng