[petsc-users] Help with "make: m2c: Command not found"

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 03:54:50 CST 2010

Hi,

I have a modified makefile originally given to me by the PETSc team. It
worked well but there's a small problem. Sometimes, when I have edited a
fortran file and tries to rebuild, it gives this error:

/opt/openmpi-1.4.1/bin/mpif90 -r8  -w95 -c -O3 -save airfoil.f90
/opt/openmpi-1.4.1/bin/mpif90 -w95 -c -O3 -save grid.f90
m2c    -o cell_data.o cell_data.mod
make: m2c: Command not found
make: *** [cell_data.o] Error 127

However, if I delete all the *.o and *.mod files and build clean,
there's no such problems. Is there anyway to solve this problem?

I have attached the makefile

Thanks!

Yours sincerely,

TAY wee-beng