[petsc-users] Can I use MAT_FINAL_ASSEMBLY instead of MAT_FLUSH_ASSEMBLY?

Rongliang Chen rongliang.chan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 11:56:43 CST 2010

Yes, I know. So this is why I need to use MAT_FINAL_ASSEMBLY instead of
MAT_FLUSH_ASSEMBLY in the function MatAssemblyBegin/End when switching
between ADD_VALUES and INSERT_VALUES in MatSetValues().
But when I use the finally assembled matrix to multiply a vector using
MatMult. I find that the output of  MatMult is wrong if I use
multiprocessors.  So I doubt that the problem is come from
"MAT_FINAL_ASSEMBLY instead of MAT_FLUSH_ASSEMBLY", but I am not sure.
Thanks.

Regards,

Rongliang