[petsc-users] VecLoadIntoVector

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Sat Mar 13 08:31:58 CST 2010

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:48:19 -0600, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>     You can use  -viewer_binary_skip_info and/or -
> viewer_binary_skip_options and/or PetscViewerBinarySkipInfo() and/or
> PetscViewerBinarySetSkipOptions().

This just lets one circumvent *.info, but the application would be
obliged to learn about block sizes through some other channel.  The
problem here is that PetscOptionsInsertFile dumps those options
(unprefixed) into the global namespace, and that is (unless I'm
mistaken) the only way for the block size to be delivered to the vector.
I think this is actually difficult to resolve in a completely
satisfactory way, but perhaps I'm missing something.

Jed