[petsc-users] MatView for huge matrix output

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Tue Jun 29 21:53:45 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 20:48, Yujie <recrusader at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much! I am writing it in parallel mode. I am using
> MPICH not MPICH2. I don't know the mechanism in MatView. If I write in
> paralle, there is no communication between nodes?

There is still communication with the (parallel) file system.  I think there
should be no problem if the local blocks are smaller than 2 GiB but there
may be issues with larger blocks.  MPICH1 is old and unsupported, you should
definitely upgrade unless you need support for a heterogeneous cluster (mix
of 32 and 64-bit or different endianness).

Jed