[petsc-users] reporting failing pcksp solves

Stephan Kramer s.kramer at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jun 18 11:35:27 CDT 2010

Dear all,

Is there a way in petsc, when performing inner solves like PCKSP or MatSchurComplementGetKSP, to make the outer solve stop immediately and report back a negative convergence reason? I find that often
when such "inner solves" fail, the outer solve happily continues and sometimes falsely reports convergence due to the preconditioner becoming rank deficient. I'd like our code, using petsc, to be able
to trap that sort of situations and give a suitable error message.

Cheers
Stephan