[petsc-users] T^t*K*T for SEQSBAIJ matrix type

Martin Rädel martin.raedel at tu-dresden.de
Mon Jun 7 06:27:46 CDT 2010

Dear All,

I try to multiply matrices in the following way:

K_=T^t*K*T

where K is symmetric and positive definite and has the type SEQSBAIJ and T is
nonsymmetric and has the type SEQAIJ.
I searched the manual for possibilities to compute this task but I just found
MatMatMultTranspose which is only applicable for matrices of type SEQAIJ and
MatPtAP which only works for AIJ-type matrices.

Is there a way to calculate T^t*K*T for the used matrix types (K=SEQSBAIJ) ?

Thank you very much,

Martin

Btw, I am currently using PETSc 3.0 since I work with SLEPc as well.

--
Martin Rädel

Technische Universität Dresden
Institut für Luft- und Raumfahrttechnik / Institute of Aerospace Engineering
Lehrstuhl für Luftfahrzeugtechnik / Chair of Aircraft Engineering

D-01062 Dresden
Germany

phone   : (++49)351 463 38291
fax     : (++49)351 463 37263