[petsc-users] How to get Version

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Thu Jul 15 08:50:08 CDT 2010

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:07:40 +0200, jarunan at ascomp.ch wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to get version of Petsc but the command PetscGetVersion is not
> supported in Fortran. Is there another command I can use for Fortran?

  #if (PETSC_VERSION_RELEASE == 1)
  #define PetscGetVersion(version,len) PetscSNPrintf(version,len,"Petsc Release Version %d.%d.%d, Patch %d, %s ", \
                                           PETSC_VERSION_MAJOR,PETSC_VERSION_MINOR, PETSC_VERSION_SUBMINOR, \
                                           PETSC_VERSION_PATCH,PETSC_VERSION_PATCH_DATE)
  #else
  #define PetscGetVersion(version,len) PetscSNPrintf(version,len,"Petsc Development HG revision: %s  HG Date: %s", \
                                          PETSC_VERSION_HG, PETSC_VERSION_DATE_HG)
  #endif

These are defined from Fortran as well so you can build a string of your liking.

Jed