[petsc-users] Small suggestion - update docs to include "-options_file"

Patrick Sunter patdevelop at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 01:49:55 CDT 2010

Hi there,

just would like to make a suggestion to update the PETSc documentation
to specify how the "-options_file" command line argument works.

The only reference to it I could find in the PETSc docs was on the
2.0.16 changes list page.

Since this feature is used pretty heavily by our group when
customising e.g. multigrid solvers, it would be nice in the docs of
our code to be able to link to a PETSc document about this as a
definitive source.

thanks, Patrick.
--
Patrick Sunter

VPAC Senior Computational Software Developer - AuScope Monash SAM Project
Monash University Adjunct Research Associate (School of Mathematical Sciences)

Room 301, Building 28
Monash University VIC 3800
Australia

Ph: +61 (0)3 9905 4468