[petsc-users] Question about matrix permutation

abhyshr at mcs.anl.gov abhyshr at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 29 09:15:20 CST 2010

You can use MatGetSubMatrix. http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/snapshots/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Mat/MatGetSubMatrix.html
----- "Michel Cancelliere" <michel.cancelliere at polito.it> wrote:
> Hi all,

I'm implementing a preconditioner that involves to extract some submatrices, the system matrix is of type seqbaij, and i need to permute some rows and columns before extract the submatrices. I'm trying to use MatPermute() but i should need create and additional matrix that i don't want (and it seems not to work with baij matrices), I took a look to MatGetOrdering but not sure if it fit to my case. there is any alternative to use something like MatPermute() in a seqbaij matrix but without create a new matrix?

Thank you!

Michel Cancelliere