[petsc-users] Persistence of sparse matrices.

Don Pellegrino don at drexel.edu
Mon Jan 25 11:23:57 CST 2010

I would like to create a persistent sparse matrix.  PETSc's
MatCreateSeqAIJ appears to be a useful way to instantiate a sparse
matrix structure in memory
[http://cluster.ischool.drexel.edu/~st96wym4/flumap/cgit/cgit.cgi/exp007/tree/src/assign/assign_blast_scores.c?id=72edf83cbac32ea26f056ae85373ad7179707333].
 I would like to be able to write the structure out to disk and reload
it during later runs so that I can grow it incrementally.  My project
makes use of HDF5 and that seems to be a feasible technology for
saving and loading the matrix.  Are routines for saving and loading a
sparse matrix already available or would I need to write my own?